Deadline: 15 January 2016
Open to: Female, between the ages of 18-23 from G20 member country, plus a representative from the European and African Unions, Afghanistan, Pakistan and the MENA region.
Venue: August 2016, China
The 7th Annual G(irls)20 Summit will be held in China, the 2016 G20 Host Country. While exact dates have not yet been set, we anticipate the Summit will take place in August 2016.
Designed G20 style, the G(irls)20 Summit brings together one delegate from each G20 country, plus a representative from the European and African Unions, Afghanistan, Pakistan and the MENA region.
During the Summit, delegates attend skills building workshops (entrepreneurship, financial preparedness, communications, digital literacy, leadership, etc.) participate in panel discussion with local and global experts, and then produce a communique with tangible, scalable solutions towards increase FLFP. The communiqué is presented to G20 Leaders for their consideration.
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Female, between the ages of 18-23 (at the time of Summit);
- Lives in and holds citizenship in a G20 member country, Afghanistan, Pakistan, the African or European Unions, or the MENA region;
- Is proficient in the English language for all verbal and written communications;
- Has or can obtain a valid passport and visa for travel no later than April 31, 2016
- Has an interest in the economic advancement of girls and women;
- Will commit to launching a post-Summit initiative/project in her own community;
- Has parental or guardian permission to travel to China and to fully participate in the summit for the duration of the Summit (This may require absence from school); and,
- Will provide consent to appear in any and all media.
The following will be provided to all G(irls)20 Summit Delegates:
- Summit learning materials and supplies;
- Return economy air travel arrangements, from the closest international airport to the delegate’s home to China;
- Accommodations while in China (in transit accommodations to be covered by the delegate);
- Meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner and refreshments each day;
- All ground transportation while in China.
Please note: it will be the responsibility of the delegate to arrange her own ground transportation to and from her home and the airport, as well as passport and visas (some countries will require a visa).
STEP 1: Review the Application Instructions Form.
STEP 2: Review and Sign the Delegate Commitment Form.
STEP 3: Complete the Delegate Application Form.
STEP 4: Reference Form to be completed by school official, NGO sponsor or community organization who has known the applicant for a minimum of 1 year. Relatives will not be considered.
STEP 5: Compile all other required documents:
- Personal Biography, 250 words maximum. If selected, this may be used on our website.
- Head and shoulders photograph. If selected this may be used on our website.
- Video submission file (.mp4) as outlined in Application Form.
- Scan of Passport. If you do not have a passport at the time of application, submit a government document to show proof of age – birth certificate, national identity card, etc.
STEP 6: Ensure all 7 required documents are complete. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed or considered. Please save all files as follows:
- Commitment Form: 2016Commitment_Country_FirstNameLastName
- Application Form: 2016Application_Country_FirstNameLastName
- Reference Form: 2016Reference_Country_FirstNameLastName
- Personal Biography: 2016Biography_Country_FirstNameLastName
- Headshot: 2016Photo_Country_FirstNameLastName
- Video Submission (.mp4): 2016Video_Country_FirstNameLastName
- Passport or Proof of age: 2016Passport_Country_FirstNameLastName
STEP 7: Submit your application, with all required documents attached in one email to email@example.com.
ALL FIELDS MUST BE COMPLETED FOR THE APPLICATION TO BE CONSIDERED!