Deadline: 20 May 2016
Open to: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree holders, who are younger than 45 years
Scholarship amount: covers tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, comprehensive medical insurance, international travel fare and monthly pocket.
The Government of the People’s Republic of China has placed at the disposal of UNESCO for the academic year 2016-2017, under the co-sponsorship of UNESCO, seventy-five (75) fellowships for advanced studies at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. These fellowships are for the benefit of developing Member States in Africa, Asia–Pacific, Latin America, Europe and North America and Arab region.
The Great Wall Program is a full scholarship established by the Chinese Ministry of Educationfor the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) to sponsor students and scholars in developing countries to study and conduct research in China.
- Applicant must be a citizen one of the countries listed HERE;
- Must not be a citizen of the People’s Republic of China;
- Applicant must be in good health, both physically and mentally and also holder of bachelor’s or master’s degree or their equivalent;
- Be under the age of 45 and have a high school diploma (or higher) when applying for the general scholar programs;
- Be a master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) under the age of 50 when applying for the senior scholar programs.
- Covers tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance;
- UNESCO covers international travel fare, a monthly pocket allowance and a termination allowance.
You need to register and then complete the online application procedure at the Chinese Scholarship Council online application for international students HERE.
Application procedure should be made in these steps:
- Apply to the National Commission for UNESCO in your home country;
- Complete the online application procedure at CSC Online Application System for International Students and click “Application Online” to log in, submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship and print a hard copy;
- Email a scanned copy of the complete application documents to Ms. Lydie Ndobo-Mackongo at email@example.com;
- Submit all the original of the application documents to the National Commission for UNESCO in your home country before the deadline.