Deadline: 24 September 2015
Open to: holders of university degree in (web) design, communication studies, information technology or related fields, with a relevant work experience of minimum 1-2 years
Salary: salary based on Euro-Med Rights salary scale including pension scheme, insurance scheme, lunch vouchers and 30 days annual leave
EuroMed Rights is looking for a committed, dynamic and talented individual to join our team as Communication Assistant. This Job is based in Brussels, and is open primarily to design graduates seeking to thrive in a stimulating and rewarding environment. The applicant should demonstrate strong information and communication technologies (ICT) abilities with a specific focus on design and layout of communication material (both print and web). Other important duties include website maintenance and development, social media use, gathering and encoding data (in our contact database), facilitating communication-related queries by colleagues and/or partners whilst ensuring the day-to-day administration of the Communications Department.
As Communications Assistant, you will report to the Communications Director while working in close cooperation with the rest of the Communications team. You will be primarily tasked with the production and distribution of Euro-Med Rights internal and external communication materials. As an in-house designer, you will be responsible for making sure that all publications abide by Euro-Med Rights graphic guidelines and will be the liaison between outsourced designers (hired for specific assignments) and the Network. You will also be responsible for the feeding and troubleshooting all technical aspects of the website. As a member of the Communications Department, you will be expected to contribute to the expansion of our online presence through the social media and centralise newly collated data in our contact database. You will also be called on to assist with the day-to-day administration of the department in particular, and of the Network in general.
Applicants should have as a minimum a university degree in (web) design, communication studies, information technology or related fields, with a relevant work experience of minimum 1-2 years. Applicants should be ICT competent, and passionate about engaging people using new technologies. They should in particular be able to demonstrate experience in:
- Design and lay-out of documents and publications, i.e. advanced knowledge of design software for that purpose (InDesign)
- The use of ICT, including website content management and social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter) management;
Main qualifications are:
- Proficiency in using design software(s), preferably InDesign;
- Proven record of CMS use;
- Proven record of social media and Microsoft Office use;
- Creative, with an eye for visual design and ability to produce engaging/impacting communication material;
- Excellent English and French (both written and spoken).
Other key qualifications, experience and assets include:
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to juggle concomitant requests;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- Able to manage conflicting priorities. Comfortable working closely within a small team environment, collaborating on varied tasks as required;
- Able to show flexibility to balance a varied and challenging day-to-day workload;
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and deal with several projects simultaneously;
- Knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
At Euro-Med Rights, you will have the opportunity to:
- Practice and sharpen your communications and ICT skills in a privileged environment that allows you to interact with news unfolding in countries across both sides of the Mediterranean;
- Actively contribute to the future of a freshly set-up and innovative Communications Department;
- Be part of a committed, driven and multi-cultural team.
How to apply?
Applicants should email a:
- Cover letter;
latest by 24 September 2015 (00:00) to Marie Pacalausa, Administration Finances and Human Resources Officer at email@example.com.
Letters or CVs drafted in another language than English or received after the deadline will NOT be considered.