The KWEF supports scientists in ASIAN countries who are conducting research in their own countries on the conservation and restoration of water resources, which are defined as oceans, surface water and underground water as well as the areas of land adjacent to them. These grants are intended to support academic research. Programs aimed primarily at generating business profit are not eligible.
- Physical and chemical properties of water
- New technologies for conservation and restoration of water resources.
(River, Lake, Pond, Discharge etc.)
- New technologies for water measurement and assessment
- The applicant must reside in Asian Countries,except Thailand,Indonesia and Vietnam.
* The applicant in Thailand,Indonesia and Vietnam would be contact to “Asian Institute of Technology(AIT).
- The applicant must conduct research at university, college, or associated institute.
- The applicant should be under 40.
- The applicant must submit a recommendation letter of “Japanese researcher” who resides in the applicants country or Japan.
The grant amount is a maximum of 300,000 yen per project per year
- The KWEF Research Grant should be used for the basic expenses of the research program, such as the purchase of equipment and reagent, travel costs, and other expenses associated with fieldwork.
- Recipient would inform us the bank account which could handle US dollar.
(1）Documents to be submitted
1. (In English)
2.Recommendation letter of Japanese Researcher(In Japanese)
(2) Application methot
(3) Application Period
- From April 1 to May 14, 2015 (Japan time) ．
If you have any questions, write to: email@example.com
For more information please visit the official webpage.