Deadline: 1 February 2015
Open to: people who completed technical secondary school or equivalent education.
Location: Taranto, Italy
The incumbent is responsible to the Chief of Branch for the technical management of assets which are assigned to his/her area of responsibility. More precisely, he/she is responsible for executing the following tasks:
- Ensuring the materiel readiness, both from a technical and maintenance point of view, of deployable NATO assets.
- Supporting the deployment, set up, operation and maintenance and redeployment of the deployable NATO assets. Maintaining the materiel in stock and ensuring that the maintenance and repair of the materiel are applied in accordance with the prescriptive documents and the existing technical and Quality Assurance (QA) instructions.
- Preparing rational proposals for technical improvements and/or modifications to equipment as a means to improve the whole life management of such assets including preparing reports and statements of work (SOWs) for higher authority.
- Ensuring the timely and safe completion of assigned tasks, including related documentation and reports.
- If required, undertaking deployments, including duty travel, in direct support of NAC-approved operations/missions.
- Executing other related tasks as required in peacetime and any other appropriate tasks assigned in times of crisis or war.
- In the event of crisis or war the incumbent will, subject to the agreement of his/her national authorities, remain in the service of the Agency.
- Serving as an electrical technician at the Southern Operational Centre (SOC).
- Serving as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all power generation and distribution and electrical components/equipment which are currently included in planned Capability Package (CP) 156 assets or could reasonably be expected to be supported in the field. S-88 NATO UNCLASSIFIED FILE 2015
- Verifying and investigating materiel discrepancies and initiating Discrepancy Reports (DRs) for deployable materiel and taking appropriate action as required.
- Assisting in the preparation of training plans and providing technical training to military personnel in relation with the deployment/use of power generation and distribution, and with electrical components/equipment assets, at all levels.
- Assisting the Chief of Team in the functional training of the staff.
- Complete technical secondary school or equivalent education.
- Experience and good knowledge of maintenance procedures and operations in warehouse and in the field, including supply, transportation, shipment, loading and unloading techniques and other engineering and utility services practices is a requirement.
- Not less than two years of experience in deployable operations, normally acquired in the military, in the Agency or in a similar organization.
- Ability to prioritize work and act with minimum supervision and guidance.
- Ability to work in a team under stressful conditions.
- Ability and willingness to work in a multi-functional organization.
- Knowledge of information systems at end-user level with experience in using personal computers and software packages.
- Extensive vocational training is required and a recognised apprenticeship/electrical internship (with at least some mechanical awareness).
- Experience in providing electrical/technical training to civilian and military personnel on deployable assets would be an asset.
- Proficiency in technical and administrative writing.
- Good knowledge of dangerous goods and classified materiel management, both storage and transportation.
- Knowledge of the Agency’s enterprise software (SAP), NATO Depot and Support System (NDSS) and Program Integrated Logistics System (PILS) would be an asset.
- Valid category “B” driving licence is a requirement and the ability to operate Materiel Handling Equipment (MHE) such as forklift trucks is an advantage.
NATO’s two official languages are English and French. The work of this post is mainly conducted in English, therefore fluency in that language is essential and beginner knowledge of French is desirable.