Deadline: 6 March 2017
Open to: female students and experienced professionals across Europe, the Middle East and Africa
McKinsey & Company invites female students and experienced professionals across Europe, the Middle East and Africa to apply for the Next Generation Women Leaders Award 2017!
McKinsey passionately believes in developing outstanding female leaders. We do so every day, internally and with our clients. We have also published numerous acclaimed pieces that demonstrate the importance of women in leadership, including Women Matter and the Centered Leadership project. Now we would like to invite you to take the next step of your leadership journey with us.
We are looking to get to know more women just like you:
- Individuals who enjoy problem solving and creative thinking
- Women who thrive when working with other people
- Women who actively seek ways to maximize their own potential
Ultimately, we are looking for women who want to use their talents to make positive change in their lives and the world we share.
We invite applications from talented women across Europe, the Middle East, and Africa who are
- Current students working towards a Bachelors, Masters, MBA, or PhD, from any degree, discipline or background
- Experienced professionals with any background and with up to 6 years of work experience
Winners will be awarded:
- 2,000 Euros (or equivalent in local currency) towards the cost of tuition, summer employment, volunteer work, research, an independent project/entrepreneurial venture, or anything else you wish to do with the money
- Individual mentorship from McKinsey consultants
- Guaranteed invite to selected McKinsey events
When you apply you will be asked to list up to 4 office/practice location choices that you may be interested in. This is for application screening purposes as the various McKinsey offices/practices choose the Award winners. Your office/practice location choices determine by which you will be considered. Therefore, make sure you choose a location to which you have strong ties to and whose local language you are fluent in. If you choose a practice, make sure you have relevant experience. This does not limit you to any particular office/practice for the future.
To apply please submit in English:
- Your CV including details of your education (including grades), any work experience as well as any extracurricular activities and achievements
- A cover letter (1 page max) including what you would do with the money if you were selected as an award winner, and a short description of a challenging situation where you had to demonstrate your leadership skills
- Academic transcripts depending on your office preferences (please see details below)