Deadline: 21 October 2015
Location: Brussels, Belgium
SolarPower Europe, with headquarters in Brussels, is recruiting a highly motivated person to support the political communications and event organization activities of our organisation.
SolarPower Europe, the new EPIA (European Photovoltaic Industry Association), is a member-led association representing organisations active along the whole solar value chain. Our aim is to shape the regulatory environment and enhance business opportunities for solar power in Europe. SolarPower Europe is a highly dynamic and multi-cultural organisation at the centre of EU public affairs.
The successful candidate will report to the Chief Operating Officer and the Chief Executive Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Responsible for the effective management and implementation of SolarPower Europe’s external communications activities, including:
- Management of the association’s website, continuously updating content and improving the interactivity of the site. Ensuring that traffic increases and that users engage with content.
- Management of the social media strategy to ensure that SolarPower Europe is active and engaged in all relevant digital conversations. The main focus is on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
- Management of all relations with the traditional media, facilitating exchanges between journalists and experts in the team
- Delivery of a monthly members newsletter and a bi-weekly members media update
- Responsible for media monitoring to ensure quick response to any mention of SolarPower Europe
- Identifying ways of improving performance and suggesting means to deliver improved coverage
- Responsible for supporting the achievement of key policy objectives of SolarPower Europe:
- Support the CEO with engagement on key policy issues, such as international trade
- Arrange meetings with policymakers in the European institutions
- Organise all internal and external events (including budget, agenda, logistics and marketing):
- Responsible for managing all event related budgets
- Responsible for organising the agenda (concept, topics, speakers) of all events
- Coordinate all elements of speaker management (selection, invitation, follow up, on site management)
- Manage a large range of sub-contractors (venue, catering, audio visual, security, stand builders, designers etc.)
- Develop, negotiate, sell and follow up all event partnership and sponsorship contracts
- Increase revenue through attracting delegates, sponsors and partners
- Coordinate the entire delegate registration process (pricing, registration system, invoicing, communications)
- Coordinate all event related print and digital marketing material (emailing, web, social media, leaflets etc.)
- Develop new events and partnerships
- Three years’ experience in event management, public affairs or communications, preferably in Brussels
- Experience of working with a European association, preferably in the energy sector
- Degree in communications, event management, EU Affairs, marketing, or equivalent
- Experience of working with the European institutions and running/supporting political campaigns in Brussels
- Outstanding IT skills and experience with database and website content management
- Knowledge of graphic design programmes and experience in creating infographics is an asset
- Experience of running social media platforms for an association/company
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills, customer oriented, flexibility, responsibility
- Fluent English (native speaker level preferred), any other European language is an asset
- Ability to work independently, as well as in team, under pressure and with tight deadlines
- A passion for renewable energies
A CV (maximum 2 pages) and motivation letter (1 page) should be sent to Bilall Bahia (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 16 October quoting “Political Communications and Events Officer” in subject line. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.