Deadline: 17 November 2015
Location: Strasbourg, France
Organising and participating in meetings and events, coaching and supervising colleagues and monitoring budgets and finances, you will enjoy different challenges every day. In particular, you will undertake detailed management reporting, liaise with wide-ranging stakeholders and contribute to project design, whilst enjoying the opportunity to undertake international travel and assist with fundraising activities.
- organises, co-ordinates and implements project activities in accordance with a project work plan and its calendar of activities;
- organises and participates in project meetings and events, and undertakes follow-up action as required;
- may supervise, coach team members and co-ordinate, if applicable, the work of a project team in the field;
- prepares reports and other documents related to the project objectives;
- prepares and ensures control and follow-up on budgetary and financial issues related to the project activities;
- evaluates projects to identify appropriate adjustments;
- ensures project reporting, including financial reporting;
- liaises with stakeholders, project consultants (partners) and beneficiaries (partners/donors) as regards the implementation of project activities;
- contributes to raising the visibility of the project by disseminating information to those concerned and ensures adequate information flow within the project stakeholders and relevant partners and experts;
- contributes to the design of future related projects and to the development of procedures and tools;
- carries out allocated assignments for other activities organised by the relevant Division/Department;
- is able to travel in relation to project activities.
Only applicants who best meet the following criteria will be considered for shortlisting.
Completed full course of general secondary education and appropriate professional qualifications. A higher education degree or qualification in a relevant field (e.g. political science, international relations, management, law, economics, education) would be an advantage.
Minimum 3 years of relevant project management experience in at least one of the areas and sectors indicated below (see the section ‘Information about project areas and sectors’).
Very good knowledge of English. Knowledge of French and other European languages, notably those spoken in the countries where project work is carried out, would be an advantage.
Nationality of one of the 47 Council of Europe member states.
Under 65 years of age at the closing date of the vacancy notice.