Deadline: Until fulfilled
Location: London, United Kingdom
Twitter UK is the hub of engineering in Europe. We’re looking for exceptional Engineers to join our growing team. The team is made up of talented people from all over the world, and from many different backgrounds. We work together in our beautiful Central London location to build products that reach every person on the planet.
Often we’ll relax together too – perhaps sharing lunch or a coffee, talking about what we’re doing, listening to and learning from one another. You’ll be a part of a close-knit team working in concert with a focused organisation comprised of other Engineers, Designers and Product Managers. We’ll both challenge and support you to do the best work of your career. You’ll have the opportunity to have a truly global impact.
One of the core values of Twitter’s Engineering organisation is the drive to quickly iterate on feature releases, allowing us to deliver new features and products to our global user base and maintain our competitive edge.
The Engineering Effectiveness team is empowered to build the engineering infrastructure, platform and tools to give Twitter this competitive edge. We design and develop the engineering infrastructure, which is distributed, scalable, and enables fast iterations via continuous integration and reliable deployments. Our contributions make Twitter Engineering an environment where developers thrive.
This role will help shape Twitter’s future on tools, infrastructure and methodologies for the massive scale we are trying to achieve. If you have empathy for developers, passion for engineering productivity, experience delivering scalable distributed systems – you will find this role liberating and challenging.
- Build and maintain high-performance, scalable systems and tools in the context of Twitter’s service-oriented architecture
- Develop and deliver distributed engineering platforms
- Work closely with other engineers within your group and across the entire product engineering organizations
- Develop elegant solutions to complex problems relating to engineering systems Code using Python, Scala, Java
- Extensive experience with web infrastructure and distributed systems
- Experience with software engineering best practices: unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, excellent debugging, troubleshooting skills
- Strong algorithms and data structures background
- Desire to contribute to the open source community
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent work experience