Vacancy for Financial Sector Specialist in Baku, Azerbaijan
Financial Sector Specialist (Short Term Consultant)
Finance & Market Global Practice
The Finance & Markets Global Practice (F&MGP) aims to help countries build deep, diversified, inclusive, efficient and stable financial systems which are essential to promoting economic growth and reducing poverty and increasing shared prosperity. The practice is committed to delivering public and private sector tailored solutions to development challenges by leveraging the whole range of the Bank Group’s financial, knowledge/advisory and convening services for clients. In doing so, the practice not only partners with the broader World Bank finance team (IFC, WB, MIGA and WB/IFC Treasuries) but also acts as an enabler for all of the other GPs and Cross-Cutting Groups.
Financial Infrastructure is a core part of all financial systems. The quality of financial infrastructure determines the efficiency of intermediation, the ability of lenders to evaluate risk and of borrowers to obtain credit, insurance and other financial products at competitive terms. Strengthening financial infrastructure takes time, resources and political will, however, and so important differences persist across countries.
Azerbaijan-Central Asia Financial İnfrastructure Project is being implemented in four countries: Azerbaijan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan. The overarching goal of the ACAFI program is to improve access to finance (A2F) for individual consumers and MSMEs by improving financial infrastructure and risk management practices in the four project countries—Azerbaijan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan. This objective was to be achieved through the development and strengthening of credit reporting systems and securest transactions system, supported by introduction of best risk management practices, including targeted financial literacy programs. These objectives are to be achieved through a programmatic approach, including the following components:
• Introduction of legal frameworks and or amendment of the existing regulations with the aim of improving credit information sharing and secured transaction systems;
• Establishment and/or capacity building of credit reporting service providers – CRSP, i.e. credit bureau and or credit registry and movable collateral registries;
• Strengthening financial intermediaries’ capacity in risk management by providing them with new tools related to credit information sharing and secured transactions;
• Raising public awareness about credit information sharing, basic understanding of financial services and financial management through financial literacy program.
B. Scope of Work
In support of the above, The Project is hiring a short term consultant (the “Consultant”) who shall work with Central Bank of Azerbaijan, Ministry of Economy and Industry, Presidential Administration, financial institutions (FIs), industry associations and other relevant financial/governmental institutions and agencies. The Consultant shall assist the
Project team with implementation of the respective Project’s plans. The work to be undertaken is broken into the following groups as outlined below:
1. Support Project lead to coordinate activities related to credit bureau and secured transactions;
2. Coordinate project activities on financial literacy program;
3. Coordinate work related issues to legal reform on financial infrastructure;
4. Coordinate public awareness on project activities;
5. Support project team with preparing regular internal reporting and Donor`s reports
6. Support in arranging seminars , trainings and other types of outreach events
7. Conduct other tasks based on Project Lead requests.
The duration of assignment: 150 working days, starting from May 30, 2016 till April 30, 2017.
C. Special Terms & Conditions / Specific Criteria
The Consultant shall have:
A Bachelors degree, preferably in a related field, with at least 5 years’ experience in the private industry, state authority and developmental agency;
• Masters degree a plus;
• Strong analytical and conceptual skills; Strong knowledge of financial market of Azerbaijan and in-depth understanding of operations, internal policies and procedure of local financial institutions;
• Strong sense of service to clients;
• Ability to work flexibly and under deadline pressure at times on a range of assignments, and adjust to and prioritize a variety of complex evolving tasks;
• Ability to provide professional support to senior staff;
• Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, multi-cultural environment;
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• Excellent written/communication skills in Azerbaijani, English and Russian are essential.
Please submit your CV and cover letter to “Business Opportunities” section at https://wbgeconsult2.worldbank.org/wbgec/index.html (Selection #: 1217531) till COB May 3, 2016.
Only CV submitted online will be considered for the position.
Please contact Lamiya Huseynova at LHuseynova@ifc.org in case of arose questions.