From 15-17 December 2017, Democracy and civil society Development youth Association (DDA) will hold the 3rd winter school. This year school topic is ‘’ Negotiation, Mediation and Conflict Resolution’’.
Conflict prevention, as one of the major obligations under the Charter of the United Nations, requires the Member States and the UN Secretariat to develop and nurture the necessary talent and knowledge in their diplomats and staff to keep up with international best practices and to equip them with the latest conflict resolution skills. During the four day Programme in Peacemaking and Preventive Diplomacy, participants analysed violent conflicts and their resolution; studied and applied negotiation and mediation theories and techniques; benefitted from lessons and best practices drawn from case studies from Asia, the Middle East and Africa presented by world-renowned resource persons; and engaged in practical conflict analysis, negotiation and meditation exercises. A simulation, based on a current conflict was developed to give participants the opportunity to practice meditation and negotiation between parties using a real-world conflict situation. This interactive skills training will allow you to develop your personal negotiation style and tactics, and to achieve better results.
Deadline: 06 December 2017
Open to: young people from 18-35
Venue: 15-17 December 2017, Tbilisi, Georgia
- young people 18-35 years;
- interested in, and reflective about the impact of power, culture, international norms, and international law on diplomacy, negotiation and mediation in theory and in practice;
- interested in, and reflective about your learning and thinking-processes;
- assumed personal responsibility for your learning;
- training future negotiators and mediators;
- anyone with a good command of English and an interest in enhancing his/her personal negotiation skills and tactics;
- previous training is not required.
The participation fee for the winter school is EUR 120.
- accommodation for 3 night 4 day;
- meals and refreshments;
- social activities, excursion to historical places in Tbilisi
- Gala dinner;
- all winter school materials;
- Coffee bracket.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application.
For any question, please visit the official website.